It is located 36 kilometers from the city of Trelew on National Route No. 25. Its name in Welsh means "River Meadow" in reference to the beauty of its surroundings, as translated into spanish "dol" is meadow and "Avon" is river, that is "meadow by the river."
Dolavon was formed by immigrants of different nationalities who settled in the area, although most were descendants of those Welshmen who arrived in the sailing ship "Mimosa", around 1865.
Two of the most striking Dolavon features are the wells that lift water from the canal and the major flour mill that arouses curiosity of visitors.
Here was built the first flour mill given the excellent wheat harvested in the region. Dolavon's Mill is the only that remains in the Valley area, created in late 1800 worked until 1940, when by order of the national government began subsidizing wheat in the north, causing the decline of patagonian wheat.
Today is a museum and restaurant, can be viewed as still makes flour, raw material that is used in the restaurant "La Molienda".